Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I Have Returned

About two weeks ago, I opened my laptop, I clicked the search box, and I typed in almost automatically, "sixteenandcluelss.blogspot.com", as I do every day.

But my blog wasn't there.  The bright orange colors I had become so accoustomed to lighting up my screen never appeared, and I was only left with a succint message from Google notifying me that my blog had been deleted.  I had no idea why; there was no explanation or warning, no goodbye's or time to save any of my posts, just a non-existent blog where there once was a place for me to pour out my hopes and dreams.

At first, I was shocked.  And then, I was it with a blast of complete and utter sadness, confusion, hurt, and anger.  I had poured an endless amount of time into this blog, so much so that I even shed a few tears, devastated that what I had used so much energy for was gone in the blink of an eye.

It's been two weeks, and I had slowly come to terms with the fact that it was gone, it wasn't coming back.  However, I still hadn't quite given up, and so I checked every once and a while, and was always met with the same Google message that broke my heart.

Until yesterday.  I still have no idea how or why, but somehow my blog has come back to life and I can return to the writing I love so dearly. 

Does anyone have any idea why my blog was deleted?  I am extremely terrified of it happening again, of me losing all of this tremendous work in the blink of an eye, so I will be very careful from now on.  And thank you to all of you who are reading this blog- you should know that it is a part of me, an essential part that I hope to never lose again.

3 comments:

  1. O.o dang that would stink

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would seriously DIE if that happened to me oh my goodness :( I'm sorry! At least its back say a prayer to god haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEY! I missed you! seriously for the past few days I have been continusly checking for updates from your blog. I'm so sorry, that must suck so bad. I can tell that you've put a lot of time and effort into your blog and I can imagine how hard it must've been to have it just taken away like that.
    I'm glad it's back (:

    ReplyDelete